Last month, Ayers & Cruiks “stepped up” for Fair Havens!
The team here at Ayers & Cruiks challenged themselves to walk 2,480,000 steps / 1234.52 miles with the use of their smartwatches in order to raise funds for a great cause at the new Fair Havens Hospices site in Southend on Sea currently under development.
10 members of the team pledged to walk 8,000 steps each day for 31 days in order to meet the overall target. It was agreed amongst the team that surplus steps can be banked to assist fellow colleagues if required.
Our step count
After the 4 weeks, we are proud to announce that we walked a total of:
- 2,622,170 steps – a surplus of 142,170 steps
- 1311.09 miles – a surplus of 71.09 miles
Unfortunately, one member of the team pulled out due to an injury, yet the team rallied to his aid in order to keep the competition alive. Here’s how each team member did:
- Matt – completed 371,582 steps
- Darrell – completed 331,217 steps
- Darren – completed 315,183 steps
- Kevin – completed 294,969 steps
- Julia – completed 291,536 steps
- Harriet – completed 284,672 steps
- Chris – completed 233,669 steps
- Remy – completed 187,560 steps
- Neil – completed 168,247 steps
- Nick – completed 143,535 steps
Did you know that 1311.09 miles is the equivalent of walking from Southend to Casablanca? It’s a fantastic result that’s reflective of the commitment of the team.
Most importantly, we successfully raised £124 for Havens Hospices! Thank you to all those who donated.
Working alongside BTMK Solicitors, both companies endeavour to raise funds of approximately £20,000 to help fund the build and equipment of their new In-patient lounge, a room at the very heart of the project where patients, their loved ones and friends can relax and spend precious time together.
You can help by offering a donation to our JustGiving site. Thank you for your support!