Don’t miss this MASSIVE BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY as a premium restaurant, bar and wedding venue in the popular waterside location of Old Leigh is up for sale.
The Boatyard, a well-loved, long-established and extremely successful restaurant set on the waterside of Old Leigh, is up for sale with Ayers & Cruiks! We have welcomed aboard our property books this beloved venue, which is just a stone’s throw away from Leigh-on-Sea’s famous cockle sheds and overlooks the Thames Estuary enjoying beautiful panoramic views across the estuary.
About The Boatyard, Leigh-on-Sea
Set amongst the cobbled Old Leigh High Street, The Boatyard has enjoyed unrivalled success as a premium restaurant and bar for almost 20 years under the expert navigation of its current owner.
Internally, The Boatyard boasts an authentic, quality look and feel, from its gorgeous reclaimed timber floors to its striking bar area, shaped like a ship’s bow. Outside, the wooden deck area provides uninterrupted views across the Thames Estuary, making for a particularly stunning backdrop on a clear sunny day or indeed a crisp winters day. It’s no wonder The Boatyard has seen so much success.
More property highlights
- The Boatyard is in the centre of the Old Town frequented by locals and day-trippers year-round.
- Located in the tourist hub of Leigh-on-Sea, which was voted Rightmove’s second happiest place to live in 2017.
- It has a wedding licence, recorded and live music licences, which could be further exploited.
- The restaurant trades from two adjoining properties, one providing a huge open plan dining area and the other a private dining room jointly providing over 200 covers.
- A short walk away from Leigh railway station, which is on the C2C line between Shoeburyness and London Fenchurch Street.
About the sale
There’s no doubt this commercial opportunity is nautical but nice. With the owner stepping down after 18 years, The Boatyard is the perfect venue for a thriving new business venture.
A new lease is available – please enquire on terms. Commencing rent £150,000 per annum exclusive (plus VAT if applicable).
£350,000 for the lease, goodwill, fixtures and fittings plus SAV.
Considerations would be given to selling the Long Lease with over 181 years remaining – with a ground rent of only £1.00 per annum (We are advised that this is fully paid for the whole term!)
Could this be your next seaside adventure?
Our client has established the restaurant and has run it for over 18 years. He is now ready to retire, so with younger blood and renewed vigour this already successful business could be taken to new heights.